Re: [ADMIN] Creating a database with LC_COLLATE tr_TR.UTF-8 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ertan Küçükoğlu
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Creating a database with LC_COLLATE tr_TR.UTF-8
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello Samed,

After testing, I see that your sugestion also works.

Thank you.

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Samed YILDIRIM
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2016 6:01 PM
To: Ertan Küçükoğlu <ertan.kucukoglu@1nar.com.tr>; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Creating a database with LC_COLLATE tr_TR.UTF-8

Hi Ertan,

Locale names are different on Windows and Linux. Please try using following command to create new database.
CREATE DATABASE collationtest ENCODING 'UTF8' LC_COLLATE 'Turkish_Turkey.1254' LC_CTYPE = 'Turkish_Turkey.1254'
TEMPLATEtemplate0;

Note on document:
On Windows, however, UTF-8 encoding can be used with any locale.
Ref: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/multibyte.html

Best regards.
Samed YILDIRIM