[ADMIN] Creating a database with LC_COLLATE tr_TR.UTF-8 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ertan Küçükoğlu
Subject [ADMIN] Creating a database with LC_COLLATE tr_TR.UTF-8
Date
Re: [ADMIN] Creating a database with LC_COLLATE tr_TR.UTF-8  (Samed YILDIRIM <samed@reddoc.net>)
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

I am quite new to the community and PostgreSQL. My search in the acrhieves
did not show any hints.

I just installed PostgreSQL 9.6.1 64bit on Windows 10 64bit OS. Used
EnterpriseDB setup.

I wanted to create a database using LC_COLLATE "tr_TR.UTF-8". My pgsql
command and error I receive is as follows:

postgres=# CREATE DATABASE collationtest ENCODING 'UTF-8' LC_COLLATE
'tr_TR.UTF-8' TEMPLATE template0;
ERROR:  invalid locale name: "tr_TR.UTF-8"
postgres=#

Just for a test, I tried 'tr_TR.UTF8', 'tr_TR' and got same result for all.
I am open to any advises and appreciate any help.

Thanks & regards,
Ertan Küçükoğlu