Re: Advice for "hot-swapping" databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Woody Woodring
Subject Re: Advice for "hot-swapping" databases
Date
List pgsql-general
If the databases are on the same machine, I could see creating a template
database and then use:

createdb -T templateName newDbName

It will create the new db exactly like the template.  I think createdb does
this by default using the database template1 as the template.

My databases are all on different machines, so I use perl/psql to create
them.  I have a sql directory that has a separate sql file for each table
and function I want to create and the perl script 'cat's them to psql in the
correct order.

Woody