Re: Some interesting results from tweaking spinlocks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Some interesting results from tweaking spinlocks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The number of CPUs on a system should be fairly straight forward to
find out.  Distributed.net source code has some good examples.

What I'm not sure of is how well this stuff reacts to CPUs being
software disabled (Solaris has such a feature).

ftp://ftp.distributed.net/pub/dcti/source/pub-20010416.tgz

first function of client/common/cpucheck.cpp

Each OS gets its own implementation, but they've got all the ones
Postgresql uses covered off.
--
Rod Taylor

This message represents the official view of the voices in my head