Re: Methods to quiesce PostgreSQL DB without configuring log archival - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Mead
Subject Re: Methods to quiesce PostgreSQL DB without configuring log archival
Date
List pgsql-general

On Nov 22, 2016, at 01:23, MEERA <meeranair89@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

If archive_mode is not configured, and i use snapshot solution for backup of the server, how can i ensure data consistency? Is there a way to quiesce all the connections to DB?

If your snapshot solution is atomic, then you are *probably* okay. I would do a few restores to test, but atomic snapshots give you a point in time and should be consistent.

Personally, I like archiving because it removes all of the maybes, but, that's me :)

Thanks,
Meera