Re: BUG #13823: Database crash - import requests in plpython3u - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Terje Elde
Subject Re: BUG #13823: Database crash - import requests in plpython3u
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 17 Dec 2015, at 14:34, george.wesington@gmail.com wrote:
>=20
> After the crash the database needs to be restarted because it cannot be
> accessed anymore. The same script runs perfectly when run directly from
> python.
>=20
> Let me know if you need any more information.

Could you try to run it as the PostgreSQL user, but outside PostgreSQL?

Also, please double check that it's run as Python 3 when testing that. The c=
ode looks fairly compatible between 2.7 and 3.x, and my best initial guess w=
ould be that Python crashes on a missing or faulty import.=20

Can you successfully run a simpler Python function from PostgreSQL? (One tha=
t doesn't import anything). Easy way to narrow down if it's likely the reque=
sts-module in Python, or if it's related to plpython.=20

Oh, and how did you install Python, PostgreSQL, plpython and the requests mo=
dule?

Terje