Re: How do I pass the -i option during boot time? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Corey W. Gibbs
Subject Re: How do I pass the -i option during boot time?
Date
List pgsql-general
Good Morning,
here's what i had to do to get it to work, it's using the -o option
so the line in my /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql looks like:

su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster start -o -i > /dev/null 2>&1" <
/dev/null

hope it helps
corey

-----Original Message-----
From:    geotronix [SMTP:antonio@geolandia.home]
Sent:    Sunday, March 03, 2002 8:44 AM
To:    pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject:    [GENERAL] How do I pass the -i option during boot time?

Hi.

I Upgraded to version 7.1.3 on my RH7.1 and it seems that this version
of postgresql doesn't have network activeated by default. Ho do I
specify to the postmaster that it must start with the -i option through
the /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql script.
Do I have to set something in the config files in /var/lib/pgsql/data?

Thanks