RE: NOCREATETABLE patch (was: Re: Please, help!(about P ostgres)) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mike Mascari
Subject RE: NOCREATETABLE patch (was: Re: Please, help!(about P ostgres))
Date
List pgsql-hackers
That makes perfect sense to me. I was only going by what System
Privileges are granted to the Oracle roles of the same name. Oracle
has:

CONNECT -
ALTER SESSION
CREATE CLUSTER
CREATE DATABASE LINK
CREATE SEQUENCE
CREATE SESSION
CREATE SYNONYM
CREATE TABLE
CREATE VIEW

RESOURCE -
CREATE CLUSTER
CREATE PROCEDURE
CREATE SEQUENCE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TRIGGER

DBA -
All systems privileges WITH ADMIN OPTION

But I agree with you. When I was first learning Oracle, I thought it
strange that the CONNECT role had anything more than CREATE/ALTER
SESSION privilege.

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com