RE: [SQL] Limit rows - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Daniel Péder
Subject RE: [SQL] Limit rows
Date
List pgsql-sql
Yes, in the 6.x.x. manual is the:
select * from mytab[ LIMIT { count | ALL } [ { OFFSET | , } count ] ] ;

-----Original Message-----
From:    Mark Jewiss [SMTP:Mark.Jewiss@knowledge.com]
Sent:    Wednesday, September 29, 1999 4:17 PM
To:    pgsql-sql@postgreSQL.org
Subject:    [SQL] Limit rows

Hello,

I'm still thinking about ways to extract specific rows of data from a
table, whilst ignoring others. i.e. I want to see rows 3-7 inclusive from
a table.

Assume that I don't have a numerical identifier - I do, but I can't use
that as rows from this table may be deleted at some point, thereby
knocking the id row out of sequence.

Basically I want to be able to do something like this:

select * from table ignore 10 limit 5;

I can't use cursors, which are ideal for this I know.

Is there such a thing in SQL or pgsql specifically? If not I'll have to
write something....

Regards,

Mark.
--