RE: is the odbc driver or me inconsistent?? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From JT Kirkpatrick
Subject RE: is the odbc driver or me inconsistent??
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
ok, it's working now.  i don't know what is going on, but my odbc driver
somehow reverted to "read-only".  i had to uncheck those boxes (in both
driver and connection) for read-only, delete the links to the tables, and
then re-link.  i'm the only one on this machine, and i haven't changed
those settings.  i think the solution is to make the front-end to this in
something else besides access!  has this ever happened to you???

jt
**********************
rhlinux5.2/postgres 6.4.2, odbc 6.40.5xxxxx, win98/access97

many tables created and working fine -- able to modify, insert, etc. either
directly into the table or through queries.

but now. . .

create table testing (f1 int4 primary key,f2 char(6));

i link to the table in access97, open it by double-clicking directly on the
link, and it comes up as a table that is not updateable (which also means
that i cannot insert a record either).  The other tables linked still work
fine.  any ideas?  i am trying to solve the problem of not being able to
insert or update a table that has two fields as a primary key.  but it
looks like something has gone wrong -- i can't even insert or update this
simple table!

jt��