TUPLES <> HEAP - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From JT Kirkpatrick
Subject TUPLES <> HEAP
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all.  Head hanging a little low, even though system still seems to work
fine.  Here is what I did:

- update pg_class set relname = lower(relname);
- update pg_attribute set attname = lower(attname);
- (why did I do that?  Following something I read, not really having
problems in the first place and  not really knowing the effects).

Now when I vacuum I get the error messages:
NOTICE:  Index pg_class_relname_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (108) IS NOT
THE SAME AS HEAP' (82)
NOTICE:  Index pg_class_oid_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (108) IS NOT THE
SAME AS HEAP' (82)

I'd like to drop these indexes and re-create them, hoping that would solve
the problem.  But I tried to drop them and postgres wouldn't let me -
claiming they were system catalog indexes.  Would dropping and recreating
the indexes get rid of the error messages?  If so, how can I drop them and
what is the proper way to recreate them?

Newbie mistakes aren't much fun.  Thanks for helping. . .

jt