Re: win32.mak patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Hiroshi Saito
Subject Re: win32.mak patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hi Magnus.

From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net>

<snip>
> I see the problem now. In my dev kit, there is no error for using
> _USE_32BIT_TIME_T on Win64. That's why I got caught up in your patch being
> wrong.

Umm,... It is very strange.?_?
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\crtdefs.h(493)  as below...
--
#ifdef  _USE_32BIT_TIME_T
#ifdef  _WIN64

> A question there though - do we care about the length of time_t on client
> platforms, or should we instead just disable the whole check for the
> client? AFAICS we don't expose time_t at all on the client, so why should
> we force libpq *clients* to build with 32-bit time_t? Shouldn't we go with
> the attached patch instead?
>
> It makes the win64 compile pass for me, but the linker step fails badly with:
> libpqdll.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol PQbackendPID
> libpqdll.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol PQbinaryTuples
> libpqdll.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol PQcancel
> libpqdll.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol PQclear
>
> for every export we have. Hiroshi, do you see that as well, or is something broken
> in my win64 environment? I'm running "nmake /f win32.mak CPU=AMD64" to
> build per our documentation, is that correct?

Ah yes, however, the 64-bit build environment is created by the command which Microsoft
offers.
As for it, CPU=AMD64 is already defined. Then, I look at a good result after your patch.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg83/WIN32MAK_AMD64_PATCH.txt

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito