Re: Fix for _outAgg() - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix for _outAgg()
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Attached is a patch which fixes an oversight in _outAgg(): the
> "grpColIdx" and "grpOperators" fields of the Agg struct were not emitted
> by _outAgg(). I don't see any good reason to omit this information.

Hmm, I think that must be my fault, but I'm not sure how it got by me
... I'm usually pretty careful about adding outfuncs support when I add
a node field.  Patch looks good, please apply.

> Note that while the "grpOperators" field was added during the 8.3 devel
> cycle, the "grpColIdx" field has been around since '02 (without outfuncs
> support). So I can backpatch that portion of the patch to back branches
> if anyone feels strongly.

Not worth backpatching --- the plan node output support is only of
interest to hard-core hackers, who'd be working on current sources.

            regards, tom lane