Re: web programming - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Rossi
Subject Re: web programming
Date
List pgsql-general
> I have to say that JSP/J2EE can't be beat (having used CF, ASP, Perl etc).
>
> That said, the Postgres SQL JDBC driver seems very buggy.
>
> Mike

We have been using JSP/J2EE with PostgreSQL for around a year now on
multiple projects. It is my opinion that J2EE is the most robust programming
model for web development. I would qualify this by saying that for simpler
web applications, J2EE can be overkill, and scripted solutions such as PHP
are much faster and easier to use. Different tools for different situations.

The PostgreSQL JDBC driver is a VERY important to our work. I think the work
that has been done so far is good, but it seems that there is still a lot of
confusion over versions, where to get the driver, and the status of current
bugs (such as the Timestamp issue). I would like to see the JDBC driver get
more priority, because I think it is critical to a lot of developers out
there.

- Adam

Adam Rossi
President, PlatinumSolutions, Inc.