Re: Request to share information regarding deadlock in postgresql-9.3.6 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Clavadetscher
Subject Re: Request to share information regarding deadlock in postgresql-9.3.6
Date
List pgsql-general
Rethinking that

At second thought I think that your example does not really make sense. You probably want something like this:

create table table1
(
   id char(6) not null,
   roll_number varchar(20) not null,
   primary key (id, roll_number)
);

create table table2
(
   id char(6) not null,
   roll_number varchar(20) not null,
   account_id varchar(20) not null default '-',
   primary key (id, roll_number, account_id),
);

alter table table2 add constraint fk_key foreign key (id, roll_number) references table1 (id, roll_number) on delete
restricton update restrict;

It would to know what you want to eventually achieve.

Bye
Charles