Re: MS Access data to PostgrSQL data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Lang
Subject Re: MS Access data to PostgrSQL data
Date
List pgsql-general
You want to import access info into pgsql using PHP?

For starters, go here:

http://www.php.net/FAQ.php and read section 4.2.  It tells you what you need
to interact with Access and PHP.  If PHP is on Linux, then you are going to
jump through some hoops to do it.

I'd say your best route, if you can, would be use VB on a windows box and
write an app to do it.

Even easier would be write some code in the Access database to connect to
the postgresql database over ODBC and just upload it that way.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com