Re: Standard-conforming datetime years parsing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: Standard-conforming datetime years parsing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/11/2019 02:45, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> 3) Do we like to change behavior to_date()/to_timestamp()?  Or just
> jsonpath .datetime() and future CAST(... AS ... FORMAT ...) defined in
> SQL 2016?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I would like the CAST feature to
call to_timestamp() and to_char(), even if they aren't 100% standard
compliant today.

I see a new column on pg_cast where users can define the function to do
the cast with format.

--

Vik