R: repeated out of shared memory error - not related to max_locks_per_transaction - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alfonso Moscato
Subject R: repeated out of shared memory error - not related to max_locks_per_transaction
Date
Re: R: repeated out of shared memory error - not related to max_locks_per_transaction  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,
i agree with you, there is something allocating and not releasing memory.
This because the error starts after many hours.
I have some extensions installed, namely:
"plpgsql"
"mysql_fdw"
"multicorn"
"pg_cron"
"tds_fdw"
"pg_stat_statements"
I have 200 connections and 384 max_locks_per_transaction in postgresql.conf,
that brings the ttal number og locks to 76.800.
I have surely very big queries, some with more than 50 tables, subqueries,
and so on.
As for your questions:
1) lock table entries needed: we check regularly the number of locks. It
doesn't seem they usually exceed some hundreds. I will create a cron to
check them regularly.
2) We have some very complex functions, touching many tables and returning
1/2 million rows
3) we don't use any kind of personalised locks. The db is set to
read_committed isolation level.
Just two question:
How could I understand which extension is consuming shared memory? I can't
figure how.
Is there some way other than increasing max_locks_per_transaction to drive
postgres to allocate more shared memory?