Re: Question ! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Horst Herb
Subject Re: Question !
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hove i can restrict access for tables in postgeSQL
> and users can anly call function to change tables entries ?
> (In function I'll self control access)

Give all users but one fictive "superuser" read-only access. Write a tier using pqlib as only means to get write access
tothe data base (this tier connects as the fictive "superuser" to the backend). Implement your functions in that tier.

However, you probably don't want to do that. What you really might want is just writing "before insert or update"
triggersimplementing your functions. That way, no write access will happen before the triggered function has processed
thedata. Am I wrong?

Horst