Re: [GENERAL] What is exactly a schema? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [GENERAL] What is exactly a schema?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/14/2017 4:59 AM, marcelo wrote:
> Now I have a related question.
> Could I select a specific schema in the connection string? Say, by
> example database=mydb.schemanumbertwo ?

the default search_path is $user,public

so if you connect with different SQL usernames for your different
schemas, and have all your common tables in PUBLIC, then it will just
fall out.   you'll need to be careful with permissions, of course.