Re: Re: Problem with Dates - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Glen and Rosanne Eustace
Subject Re: Re: Problem with Dates
Date
List pgsql-sql
> regression=# select '31/12/2000'::date + '365 days'::timespan;
>         ?column?
> ------------------------
>  2001-12-31 00:00:00+13
> (1 row)
>
> This looks promising but I wouldn't call it conclusive, particularly
> since you're probably using a different OS than I am (I'm on HPUX
> 10.20).  It would be good to bang on it some more with NZ daylight
> times --- as Christopher says, GMT+13 is a tad unusual.

Is 7.0.3 to 7.1B? simply a reinstall or do I need to unload/reload the
database.

PS: GMT+13 isn't unusual for us Kiwis, that's how its always been since
some twit decided daylight saving was a good idea.  The jury is still
out on this one.

Glen.