Re: Backing up the database via browser - Mailing list pgsql-php

From David Busby
Subject Re: Backing up the database via browser
Date
List pgsql-php
Zavier,
    Using PHP You can do a ``, shell_exec, or passthru to run another
process, (search for the word "exec" on php.net).  Using that and PostgreSQL
command pg_dump you can pull it off, might take a while, here's some
untested code with no error checking

<?php
$db = $_GET['db'];
$cmd = "pg_dump -c -D -f /tix/miner/miner.sql -F p -N -U postgres $db";
$res = `$cmd`;
// Alternate: $res = shell_exec($cmd);
echo $res;
?>