Re: PgSQL 9.1: Warning - error 10061 on Windows, no error on Linux - but connection is broken - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: PgSQL 9.1: Warning - error 10061 on Windows, no error on Linux - but connection is broken
Date
List pgsql-general
You do not log failed connection attempts from your Java application?

Your desire is commendable but is your only advice: "don't set connection
timeout to 2ms"?

What could these products (not you, by setting up better logging) do to
minimize the amount of time you had to spend diagnosing the problem?  If
they already can be configured to do so, and were not in your case, what
configuration option values would have helped you to diagnose more quickly
(so other do not disable/change those settings and/or why you thought to
change them in the first place)?

David J.