Re: Detecting 'socket errors' - closing the Connection object - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From David Wall
Subject Re: Detecting 'socket errors' - closing the Connection object
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> Have you looked at the ConnectionEventListener approach? I know that it's
> not currently implemented in postgresql, but it should be easy enough to
> add, and in theory this is the standard way of doing it.

No, we're still using JDK 1.3.1.   It's amazing how slowly our customers
migrate to new JDKs, especially the Fortune 500 players.  When 1.5 comes
out, they'll no doubt let us look into 1.4.

Also, this is an entire new set of javax.sql classes that are not used in
our application, so there are more issues for us when that time comes...

Thanks,
David