Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> As a PostgreSQL developer, I don't agree with the statement you made for
> another reason:  It implies that there is something better about the GPL
> and we have to justify ourselves for not using it.  We don't.  We give
> away the code we write with no strings attached, and anyone who wants to
> question that has to come up with better arguments than I've heard so far.

It's my opinion that the code is the developer's to do with as they please,
and if they like the BSD license then no one really has a right to argue! If
anything it allows users to do *more* than other licenses, the way I see
it..

Bottom line is it's been decided and the mother's #1 reason of "because I
said so" is good enough for me (and should be for everyone that's not a
developer IMHO)! :-)

-Mitch