Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ned Wolpert
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Licence: GNU/GPL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 09:42, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> As a PostgreSQL developer, I don't agree with the statement you made for
> another reason:  It implies that there is something better about the GPL
> and we have to justify ourselves for not using it.  We don't.  We give
> away the code we write with no strings attached, and anyone who wants to
> question that has to come up with better arguments than I've heard so far.

I agree with Peter here.  There is no need to justify the license schema
with PostgreSQL.  However, I think people need to be clear (via FAQ,
Readme, anything with a URL that we can point to people) so that when
this question comes up, we simply direct them there and say, basically,
"its a non-discusionable"

--

Virtually,
Ned Wolpert <ned.wolpert@knowledgenet.com>

D08C2F45:  28E7 56CB 58AC C622 5A51  3C42 8B2B 2739 D08C 2F45