Re: getting logging going on the rpms - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: getting logging going on the rpms
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 18 July 2001 12:43, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> For the life of me, I can't seem to get logging to a file or syslog going
> on the rpms of the latest postgres.  Can someone let me know what I need
> to do.

From README.rpm-dist, part of the main postgresql RPM:
LOGGING SET UP
To get rollable syslog set up, see the documentation for the file
postgresql.conf, by default in the directory /var/lib/pgsql/data, as relates
the syslog options.  Then, add a line to /etc/syslog.conf, using the man page
for syslog.conf as a source. Example:
If postgresql.conf has the following lines for the syslog settings:
syslog = 1 # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

Then you need to add the line:
local0.*            /var/log/postgresql

Then set up an entry in /etc/logrotate.d to roll postgresql the way you want
it
rolled.

--
Lamar Owen