Re: Patch to warn about oid/xid wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Patch to warn about oid/xid wraparound
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 12 June 2001 19:33, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here is a patch that will warn you during VACUUM when you are within 75%
> of oid/xid wraparound.

> I will apply it if 7.2 has no solution to the wraparounds.

Is this something a potential 7.1.3 release might need?  I consider this a
bug workaround, actually.  Or even a feature patch against 7.1.x that people
can download if they think they need it?

As PostgreSQL gets used in bigger and bigger database installations, the
wraparound problems become more and more likely.  And it's likely to be at
least six months before 7.2beta, if the track record stays the same as it has
the last three releases.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio