Re: ORDER BY what? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: ORDER BY what?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mar 12 Jun 2001 02:23, David Olbersen wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Martín Marqués wrote:
> > My question is: "How can I write an ORDER BY statment so that it's
> > ordered by the amount of matches it gets?"
>
> Your question is a bit unclear, what is "it"?
> Specifically, what are the "it's" that are to be ordered, and which "it"
> gets matches?

OK, let me give an example:

select * from tab1 where col1 like '%word%' or col2 like '%word%' and col3
like '%word%'

and I want to order by the amopunt of matches that a matching register has.
Something like, if it matches all the ORs, then it should go first, and if it
matches only one of the ORs it should go last.
Or maybe even have several words trying to match one of the columns.

Saludos... :-)

--
Cualquiera administra un NT.
Ese es el problema, que cualquiera administre.