dlopen() of libpgsqlodbc.so >= release 7.1 fails on sparc solaris 2.8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bob Deblier
Subject dlopen() of libpgsqlodbc.so >= release 7.1 fails on sparc solaris 2.8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I've posted this message twice nefore on pgsql-bugs, but I can't seem to get
any response. The issue described below is pretty serious (at least as far as
my company is concerned):

While trying to upgrade Postgres from version 7.0.3 to 7.1.2, I find that a
program which dlopens the library mentioned above now produces the following
error message:

ld.so.1: ./BeeHive: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so: symbol main: referenced symbol not found

I compiled Postgres with gcc-2.95.3, and configured with options
--enable-odbc and --prefix=/opt/pgsql.

The same problem occurs with version 7.1.1, but as mentioned higher does not
occur on 7.0.3 or earlier versions.

Since the two most recently released versions both show this problem, it must
be something which was introduced in the 7.1 release.

Our only alternative is to keep using the older releases for now, but this
should be fixed ASAP.

Sincerely,

Bob Deblier
Virtual Unlimited