dlopen() of libpsqlodbc.so from release 7.1.1 fails on Solaris 2.8 Sparc - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bob Deblier
Subject dlopen() of libpsqlodbc.so from release 7.1.1 fails on Solaris 2.8 Sparc
Date
List pgsql-bugs
While trying to upgrade Postgres from version 7.0.3 to 7.1.1, I find that a
program which dlopens the library mentioned above now produces the following
error message:

ld.so.1: ./BeeHive: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so: symbol main: referenced symbol not found

I compiled Postgres with gcc-2.95.3, and configured with options
--enable-odbc and --prefix=/opt/pgsql.

Any idea if this problem is operator error (i.e. I did something wrong), or a
newly introduced bug?

Sincerely,

Bob Deblier
Virtual Unlimited