Re: install question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From tompoe
Subject Re: install question
Date
Re: install question  (tompoe <tompoe@source.net>)
List pgsql-novice
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> > In the install, it says:
> > As of 0.38.0, the Perl Client module is distributed as a separate package.  It
> > is named "Mon-*.tar.gz".  As of 4-Mar-2000, the most recent distribution is
> > Mon-0.9.tar.gz.  Refer to that for installation instructions.

> Which Perl client are you talking about and what install doc are you
> looking at?

ANS:  I'm looking at mon-0.38.21 INSTALL.  It lists modules to download, and
then references the above quote.

There are two Perl modules that PostgreSQL uses, The 'native'
> one, Pg.pm, v 1.8, and the DBI driver, DBD::Pg, ver 0.96, both of which
> are available on CPAN.  The 'native' version is also packaged with the
> main source tree and can be installed as part of the PostgreSQL source
> build.

ANS:   Either I am moving in the wrong direction, here, or haven't come across
anything about the above Perl modules, yet.  Just started.