Re: install question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: install question
Date
List pgsql-novice
> In the install, it says:
> As of 0.38.0, the Perl Client module is distributed as a separate package.  It
> is named "Mon-*.tar.gz".  As of 4-Mar-2000, the most recent distribution is
> Mon-0.9.tar.gz.  Refer to that for installation instructions.
>
> Well, CPAN couldn't find it.  I went to CPAN and found Mon-0.9.tar.gz, but it
> "doesn't exist" when I tried to download.  So, - - - what's the present
> situation?  Thanks, Tom

Which Perl client are you talking about and what install doc are you
looking at?  There are two Perl modules that PostgreSQL uses, The 'native'
one, Pg.pm, v 1.8, and the DBI driver, DBD::Pg, ver 0.96, both of which
are available on CPAN.  The 'native' version is also packaged with the
main source tree and can be installed as part of the PostgreSQL source
build.

-- Brett
                   http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
Never use "etc." -- it makes people think there is more where there is not
or that there is not space to list it all, etc.