Re: Turning off transactions completely. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arsalan Zaidi
Subject Re: Turning off transactions completely.
Date
List pgsql-general
> Arsalan writes:
> > >   - look on your indexes, perhaps you can create an index on
> > two columns?
> > >

> > Got them up the wazoo. Two column ones as well...
> >

> Make sure you don't have any you don't absolutely need. Each index you
have
> adds overhead to any DML statement as it needs to be adjusted.

DML?

If you're talking about slower inserts because of index's; I drop them them
on the really heavy tables before I do a COPY/INSERT.

> > Just want to know, is an index on (foo,bar) different from (bar,foo)?
Does
> > the order in which they appear in the index creation statement and in
> > subsequent queries make a difference?

<snipped nice explaination>

Cool. My index's are in order and so that's ok. I just wanted to be sure
about this.