Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Lang
Subject Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP
Date
List pgsql-general
Odds are what your problem is mitch-matched support.  the rpm version of php
you are using is probably for postgres 6.5.x.  Between that and version 7,
there was a library upgrade and the rpm dependencies are out of wack (rpms
tend not to be very "forward compatable" in many instances that I've
encountered).

In a nutshell, I had the same problem... What did I do?  I un rpm'd Apache,
PHP, and postgres.  I had to recompile them from their source so they find
all the updated libraruies you are using.  Unfortunately, that sucks.
Compiling Apache and PHP is a bit tricky because you have to compile
Apache... then compile php ... then go back and compile part of apache
again... etc.  Compiling the postgres isn't that bad... only have issues
with the man pages... never got that to work past the "make".

php.net has pretty decent documentation on how to compile php and apache
though.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company