problems with startup script on upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martin A. Marques
Subject problems with startup script on upgrade
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I just compiled and installed postgresql from the cvs (upgraded from 7.1beta5
becuase of some problems I had), followed the steps, and the database server
works great, but my startup scripts don't work anymore.
What the script has, works if I try to do it as postgres, but with a
su -l postgres -c 'command' as root it doesn't work.
This is the script (on Solaris 7):

#!/bin/bash
# postgresql    This is the init script for starting up the PostgreSQL
#        server
#
# chkconfig: 345 85 15
#           all database requests.
# processname: postmaster
#

# This script is slightly unusual in that the name of the daemon (postmaster)
# is not the same as the name of the subsystem (postgresql)

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in start)echo -n "Starting postgresql service: "su -l postgres -c '/dbs/postgres/bin/pg_ctl -o "-i" -D
/dbs/postgres/data/

start -l /dbs/postgres/sql.log';; stop)echo -n "Stopping postgresql service: "su -l postgres -c
'/dbs/postgres/bin/pg_ctl-m i -D /dbs/postgres/data stop'echo;; status)su -l postgres -c '/dbs/postgres/bin/pg_ctl -D
/dbs/postgres/data/status';; restart)$0 stopsleep 10$0 start;; *)echo "Usage: postgresql
{start|stop|status|restart}"exit1

esac

exit 0

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told me I had to do it.