Re: Pl/Java - next step? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: Pl/Java - next step?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'm in Sweden. Some time tuesday evening (european time) perhaps?

Why is your work not made public somewhere? The project on sourceforge is
inactive it seems. Do you have a CVS setup privately?

> Not to minimize your work, as I think it is great, but this particular
> use-case I consider to be overkill for pl/java. It is probably easier to
> use pl/pgsql if all you want to do is calculations.

Not to minimize your work, but if the only thing you want to do is to send a
request to a servlet, that is very easy to do with Pl/Perl ;-)

Seriously, when I say calculations, I mean any computed value that doesn't
involve database accesses. It could for instance be an implementation of a
soundex algorithm comparing two values or something similar like graphic
image matching. Regardless if such things can be implemented in pgsql or
not, the fact that there's a bunch of downloadable Java code out there that
can be used, with little or no effort, is enough to motivate my statement.

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren