Re: HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From coventry
Subject Re: HEADS UP: Win32/OS2/BeOS native ports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I think its already been determined that the cygwin option is too low
performing.

However, the apache stuff could be quite useful - but if that effort
were to be undertaken, it would make more sense to move all versions of the
code the
the apache runtime, for all platforms.  Are there any other runtime
libraries out there
that are cross platform, open/free and high performance?  I know the mozilla
XPCOM
libraries work quite nicely, but are geared more towards multithreaded
apps - and the
COM-alike infrastructure is something we wouldn't need.

~Jon