Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Evgeny Morozov
Subject Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/05/2023 4:24 am, Michael Paquier wrote:
> here are the four things running in parallel so as I can get a failure
> in loading a critical index when connecting

Wow, that is some amazing detective work! We do indeed create tables
during our tests, specifically partitions of tables copied from the
template DB. Checkpoints seem to be happening every few minutes (we
don't force them, but there is a big DB with more writes on the same
instance - it's probably due to that). PG is not crashing in our case,
though - not this time.

Do you have any idea why the "drop database" command would have timed
out (not completed after 30 seconds) for the corrupted DBs?

On 8/05/2023 4:17 am, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Maybe you could do some one way and some the other, so that we try to
> learn more?
Do you still want me to try this given what Michael has found? Or
anything else to help narrow this down?