Re: still no log - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martin A. Marques
Subject Re: still no log
Date
List pgsql-hackers
El Mié 10 Ene 2001 21:07, escribiste:
> "Martin A. Marques" wrote:
>   >Sorry for the insistence, but after looking and looking again, I can't
>   > find out why the postgres logs are empty. The postgres database is up
>   > and working
>   >
>   >great, but nothing is getting logged.
>   >I'm on a RedHat Linux (6.0 with lot of upgrades)
>   >postgres 7.0.3 from rpm (downoaded from the postgres ftp server)
>   >
>   >Any ideas?
>
> If postmaster is started with -S, nothing gets logged.  Is that your
> problem?

Well, I'm not sure. I can't recall checking that in the startup script, but I
think it's not there. Any way, why would the instalation make the entries in
the logroutate config files and then have a startup script that won't do
logging? I'm using the normal startup script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/.

Saludos... :-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.