RE: Re: still no log - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig L. Ching
Subject RE: Re: still no log
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I just jumped in on this thread so I'm not sure where you're looking for the
logging, but postgreSQL has the following option when building (from
'./configure --help'):

--enable-syslog         enable logging to syslog

I saw that you're installing from RPM's so this won't help and I'm not even
sure that this is the logging about which you're talking, but thought I'd
post just in case!

Cheers,
Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin A. Marques [mailto:martin@math.unl.edu.ar]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 6:19 PM
To: Oliver Elphick
Cc: pgsql-general; pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: [HACKERS] Re: still no log

El Mié 10 Ene 2001 21:07, escribiste:
> "Martin A. Marques" wrote:
>   >Sorry for the insistence, but after looking and looking again, I can't
>   > find out why the postgres logs are empty. The postgres database is up
>   > and working
>   >
>   >great, but nothing is getting logged.
>   >I'm on a RedHat Linux (6.0 with lot of upgrades)
>   >postgres 7.0.3 from rpm (downoaded from the postgres ftp server)
>   >
>   >Any ideas?
>
> If postmaster is started with -S, nothing gets logged.  Is that your
> problem?

Well, I'm not sure. I can't recall checking that in the startup script, but
think it's not there. Any way, why would the instalation make the entries in

the logroutate config files and then have a startup script that won't do
logging? I'm using the normal startup script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/.

Saludos... :-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.