RLS on catalog tables would be helpful - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Droege
Subject RLS on catalog tables would be helpful
Date
List pgsql-general
I have removed SELECT rights from the pg_proc.prosrc column so that I
can hide
the source code of stored functions.  This is working OK, however I
would really
like to just hide certain functions via RLS.  I understand that great
damage could
be done to the system catalog by allowing users to mess with them,
however  RLS
seems to be a great idea in this case.

Has this been thought about?  Any plans to change in the future?   I
know that
we could write certain functions in "c", and that their implementation
source would
be hidden....however that is not an option yet.  We would desire the
PL/pgSQL code
of certain functions to be hidden ideally using RLS.

Thanks.