Re: -F option - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alain TESIO
Subject Re: -F option
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Alain, have you run postgreSQL with the -F option and compared them then?
> I'd venture to say that if you did so, you'ld find PostgreSQL a bit more
> desireable on the speed factor.  Just remember, when you do so, you loose
> some recovery possibilities -- as you're relying on the OS to sync data
> from memory to disc.

Hello,

I've often experienced crashes with the -F option, the script which fills my
database can never run completely. If any developper is interested, I have
a dump file (about 2 Mo gzipped, directly produced from pg_dump) which
is crashing on a create index with the option -F set, and is working fine
without it.
My configuration is : Linux RedHat 6.0, Kernel 2.2-15, PostgreSQL 6.5.3,
64 Mo RAM.

Alain