Re: RPM for nagios-plugins-pgactivity requires postgresql12, is thisa bug? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Christophe Courtois
Subject Re: RPM for nagios-plugins-pgactivity requires postgresql12, is thisa bug?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

Le 21/04/2020 à 13:16, Bas Gebbing a écrit :
> It seems that since the introduction of the pgdg-common repository, we
> are having difficulty installing the monitoring tool packaged in
> nagios-plugins-pgactivity.
> The RPM requires postgresql12, but if I'm not mistaken, this package
> should also be compatible with older versions of PostgreSQL and as such
> this dependency looks like a bug in the RPM.
> Is this observation correct?

I can confirm that check_pgactivity is compatible with all supported
versions of PostgreSQL (and more).

> If yes, then it would be great if this could be fixed, as this is
> preventing us from properly installing or updating nagios-plugins-pgactivity

If this can help, the project provides its own RPM:

https://github.com/OPMDG/check_pgactivity/releases

It depends on 'postgresql' , not 'postgresql12', so any installed
version would do.

Or you can installl the script manually. This is just a single Perl
script with very few dependencies anyway.

--
Christophe Courtois
Consultant Dalibo