R: Date types in where clause of PreparedStatement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paolo Sinigaglia
Subject R: Date types in where clause of PreparedStatement
Date
List pgsql-general
>Can anybody show any reason why the code using a prepared
> statement with a where clause using a date won't find any records
> on PostgreSQL but WILL work using Access and the jdbc-odbc
> bridge?

Assuming you are running PostgreSQL on a *nix machine and the odbc client on
a Win* different machine, couldn't be a problem of different locale
settings?

Using Delphi BDE I had **a lot** of troubles on an all-windows-98 network
because of different locale settings among the clients. First in all,
day-month swapping in dates (dd-mm-yyyy and mm-dd-yyyy formats mixed through
the network).