Re: store in bytea - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: store in bytea
Date
List pgsql-general
> But Ill have to add double slashes and even more importent I will have to
> unescape every binary data going out of the server, which mean in one of
my
> aplication all the Images.
>
> Wont this action be much more heavey then the way I used untill now with
> MySQL (blob) ?
> addslash on insert and ordinary select for output.

Not sure about performance (would be nice if you tried this and reported
back results of MySQL vs PostgreSQL), but last night I found a built-in PHP
function that looks like it would work to convert the escaped binary back to
binary -- see  http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.stripcslashes.php

-- Joe