store in bytea - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben-Nes Michael
Subject store in bytea
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

Im using php to upload Binary data into bytea field.
The problem is that when I query what I uploaded I discover that it hold
only 13 characters and not the whole binary file

I tried manual insert more the 13 characters successfully.
I tried to do addslashes($data);

but still :(
$slashed_data = addslashes($data);
$sql = "insert into files (image_id, bin_data, filename, filesize, filetype)
values ('$image_id', '$slashed_data', '$new_name', '$filesize',
'$filetype');";

I tried strlen($slashed_data); before the insert to be sure that that the
binary is bigger then 13 characters and yes, its 4KB ( the tested file );

Any ideas ?

Canaan Surfing Ltd.
Internet Service Providers
Ben-Nes Michael - Manager