Re: Error from pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wolfe
Subject Re: Error from pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
>   Yesterday, when our nightly database backup was running, it errored out
> with the following error from pg_dumpall:
>
> dumpSequence(contact_seq): different sequence name returned by SELECT:
> contact_sequence

   Hmm....  I just found the problem.  (Maybe I should think more before I
send these?)

iboats=# select sequence_name from contact_seq;
  sequence_name
 contact_sequence
(1 row)

  So, trying to "update" it won't work, I suppose I'll have to drop the
sequence and create it again.  (If there are any other suggestions, please
let me know).  Anybody know how something like that could happen?

steve