Re: PostgreSQL doesn't accept connections when Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From George Weaver
Subject Re: PostgreSQL doesn't accept connections when Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
----- Original Message -----
From: Harald Armin Massa
Hi Harald,

>I guess your service is not running after rebooting? You can check this via services.msc

This is what is confusing me - the service IS running after rebooting, but does not appear to be listening on port 5435.  If I simply restart the service in the Administrative Tools > Component Services section everything is fine.

>>During the installation process, when it came time to run initdb, the installer would stop with the error message:

>>     "Failed to run initdb: 128.  Please see the logfile in 'C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\tmp\initdb.log.
> >     Note!  You must read/copy this logfile before you click OK, or it will be automatically removed."

> Did you read that log? Read and copy it befor clicking OK, just as the message stated?

When I tried to (before clicking OK), there was no initdb.log file - or any other file - in the 'C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\tmp\ directory.

>One try to repair this: login as Administrator, open services.msc,  and from  the postgreSQL service refill the login information. That does reset the LOGON_AS_SERVICE privilege.

I'll give this a try and see what happens.

George