Delete from right join - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Chad Thompson
Subject Delete from right join
Date
List pgsql-novice
I have the following query

select project_lists.*
FROM temp_lol RIGHT JOIN project_lists ON temp_lol.project_id = project_lists.project_id
WHERE temp_lol.project_id Is Null
I run this on my postgresql 7.2.x database and it returns some 3k records.

If i use a join or a left join it returns no data.

If I do this however
DELETE
FROM temp_lol RIGHT JOIN project_lists ON temp_lol.project_id = project_lists.project_id
WHERE temp_lol.project_id Is Null

I get an error, Parse error at or near right.

I realize that right joins are evil, but I dont know what else to use to delete these 3k records from my table.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Chad